Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday News-day: Books!

The last month or so I've been utilizing one of the best 'free' public services available to our lovely community....the library!! Most of the books I want to read place me on a wait list as person #43 (or some other ridiculous number). It's good news because that means that people are using the library but it's bad news if I need a book to read. So, I've placed myself on many different waiting lists for various books. Lately I've seemed to get my turn to read these books all at once so I've been in hardcore reading mode.
The last book I completed was Oprah by Kitty Kelley, by recommendation of a few co-workers. Parts of this were interesting although I've never been a huge fan of Oprah so, whether or not it is 'true', I was fairly indifferent to it.
The next book that piqued my interest, being a Frank Sinatra fan and all, was Lady Blue Eyes by Barbara Sinatra. I'm only about 1/2 way through this book but so far I enjoy reading the bits and pieces about who Frank Sinatra was as a person around his family, friends and neighbors. It makes him seem more like a real person rather than just the iconic crooner everyone might have seen as having it all (plus more).
The other book I'm currently in the midst of reading is The EveryGirl's Guide to Life by Maria Menounos. I'm enjoying this quick book of tips. It covers everything from organization and money saving tips to makeup and fashion. In reading the book, I can't (and it doesn't make sense to) apply everything to my lifestyle or my home but I do think it's a fun read and there some helpful suggestions. One piece of information that I'd like to pass along is something Maria shares with her reader. Maria states that someone once told her, "... I don't need to have everything right now. Life is better when you have things to look forward to and dream about...". Keep this in mind as you think of all the wants you have on a list for your home and life. If you're anything like me, you'll need to remind yourself of this often. Slow down and enjoy those dreams. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment